home forum contact

Velkommen
Gæst
Søg

SENEST AKTIVE EMNER
Glemt din kode?
Registrer
Dato Forfatter Forum Emne
17 Mar 2024, 23:29 Fadbamsen Skadestuen ryger ud i online spil.
03 Mar 2024, 06:12 DeBuur Skadestuen Kan ikke vælge Liverpo...
23 Feb 2024, 20:56 ydersog Klubsøgnin... Manchester United
23 Feb 2024, 10:12 valverde4ever Pro Cyclin... Cycling Career - Kan d...
23 Feb 2024, 00:14 g00n Blogs Minimalistic 2020
19 Feb 2024, 14:02 rheya Omklædning... Home Grown spillere?
29 Jan 2024, 11:35 Mulle68 Nostalgi Patches CM 4
Antal Registrerede Brugere: 23287
  0 Brugere, 434 Gæster Online.

Nyeste Bruger: queenofmumbai
FORUM
+  FmFreaks Forside
|-+  Forum: Andre Managerspil
| |-+  Kategori: Annonceringer FM2012
| | |-+  FM2012 Release Day Activation Info
0 Brugere og 1 Gæst læser i øjeblikket dette emne.
Sider: [1] Udprint
Forfatter Emne: FM2012 Release Day Activation Info  (Læst 2100 gange)
Sunbao
FmFreaks Crew
(Ejer)

FM2012 Release Day Activation Info
« : 20 Okt 2011, 12:38 »

Hi All,

Just a quick post to make sure everyone is clear what's happening today and through to midnight.

Purchase Information:
    If you've pre-ordered directly from Steam you'll be able to preload the game already, but not play it until just after midnight. Preloading doesn't make the game playable - it simply reduces strain on the Steam servers by allowing you to download a significant percentage of the code before midnight. The remainder will be downloaded from 00.01 BST tomorrow when the game officially launches, and you'll be able to play.

If you've purchased from any other digital retailer, you should expect to receive your code some time later today when they will all be released. If you have specific questions about this, please contact your retailer. Some of them will allow the pre-load, some won't - they will be able to tell you.

If you've ordered or bought a physical copy of the game and received it already, you won't be able to play it yet - in fact, your retailer probably shouldn't have provided it to you until tomorrow. Consider yourself very lucky... You will still need a Steam account and to be online once, and once only if that's all you want, after midnight tonight, to activate the game. You'll be able to pre-load via Steam and, as per the above, you'll have to wait until RELEASE DAY *trumpets* to play. I.e. 00.01 tomorrow, BST.

Release Timing:
    No matter where you've purchased the game from, you will not be able to play it before 00:01 BST. There are no exceptions to this - so while that may be unpopular if your box landed on your doorstep this morning, we are sorry but we thought this way was fairer for everyone than what we've experienced in previous years where some retailers break street date, leaving members of the community who have ordered elsewhere high and dry if their retailer has correctly held the official date. Rejoice in the one-ness you'll have with your FM brothers and sisters the world over.

At midnight, regardless of where you purchased, you'll need to be connected to the Internet and to Steam, at which point you'll download the last part of the game and it will become playable. PLEASE NOTE that it takes approximately half an hour for the code to propagate across all of the Steam servers - some of you *may* experience a slight delay. If you're receiving error messages regarding availability - wait for 5 minutes, restart your computer, and try again. It shouldn't take long.

Patch Information:
    I'm informed that the .exe that you download IS different to the demo code - i.e. the clever folk at SI have been working on a few tweaks and updates. At this point, I'm uncertain as to what they are. They always post changelogs to their patches and I'm sure when Miles gets off a plane, train or whatever automobile he is in doing his PR thing, he'll be on here with an update. What I guess that means is that there won't be a "Day One Patch" that you need to wait for - we've provided it prior to launch. What I can't speak for is the need for any further patches and if, or when, they may be made available - again, we need SI to cover that. I also stipulate "guess" - I am not the expert and there may be more info to come from SI. Please don't ask any more, as I don't know about the content - sorry - Miles is already going to tell me off for telling you this, but I'm trying to prevent a long list of posts all asking the same questions. If I don't answer you tomorrow, you'll know why...

If you've a question that's not answered, please post it here and I'll do my best throughout the day /evening. I'll caveat that by saying this isn't the place to discuss whether you do or don't like Steam, and I will be asking the mods to delete posts that aren't related to the topic to keep it as clear as possible for those with questions that need answering.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Matt

Sider: [1] Udprint 

This site is not endorsed by Sports Interactive or SEGA and is intended for entertainment purposes only. « More Info »
©2005-2018, FmFreaks.dk
                                         Forum Powered by SMF 1.0.5 · SMF ©2001-2010