When I attempt to launch Steam or a game, I get an error message saying that Steam is already running. How can I resolve the problem?
Please see this 'Steam is already running' topic for instructions - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8787-WYIL-1543
Sometimes, if you launch the game too quickly after shutting it down, or get impatient after double-clicking the shortcut, you can get this when your system senses the game is running in two instances. If this is the case, do the following:
- Right-click on your Windows Taskbar (normally found at the bottom)
- Click on 'Task Manager'
- Go to the tab 'Processes'
- Sort alphabetically by clicking 'Image Name'
- Find fm.exe *32
- Click so it's selected, then click the 'End Process' button in the bottom-right hand corner
- Do this for any fm.exe *32 instance
- Once this is done, close the Taskbar and launch the game normally - be patient when it attempts to load